Presonus Quantum 2 22x24 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
|Item number / Code:|
171403 / PRES-QUANTUM-2
|Current availability:||1 pcs. updated on: 2019-09-22 07:40:22|
|Ask a Product Expert:||Maciej Małczak, tel. +44 8000705155,|
Presonus Quantum 2
Taking full advantage of the high-speed Thunderbolt bus and ADAT Optical I/O, the PreSonus Quantum 2 audio/MIDI interface delivers up to 22 inputs and 24 outputs, with extremely low latency. Boasting superb audio quality; 24-bit, 192 kHz recording and playback; recallable XMAX microphone preamps; and the ability to expand your system as your needs grow, it’s a great choice for a wide variety of professional and semi-pro producers and electronic musicians.
Expandable when you need more I/O—up to 80 in and out.
The Quantum 2 offers two combo mic/instrument inputs and two combo mic/line inputs, each with a digitally-controlled XMAX preamp and individual +48V phantom power. You also get four balanced ¼” TRS outputs and a headphone out with dedicated volume control. But that’s just the start. With ADAT Optical I/O and S/PDIF stereo digital I/O, you can have up to 18 digital inputs and outputs. And if you need even more I/O channels, you can stack up to four Quantum 2 interfaces via Thunderbolt to create a monster system with up to 80 in and out. BNC word clock I/O ensures your Quantum and other digital audio devices operate in tight sync. And of course you get MIDI I/O, too.
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and recallable preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum 2 operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 120 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And recallable XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
A superior choice for any production environment.
With its pro features and abundant I/O, the Quantum 2 fits into any recording and production environment. You get four balanced line-level outputs, all of which are DC coupled so they can provide control voltage to external analog equipment. Add that to Quantum 2’s expandability, flexible software suite, blazing speed, and superb sound quality, and you have a recording system that will be the heart of your dream studio for years to come.
Tight integration with Studio One.
With the Quantum 2, your audio interface is an integrated extension of your recording environment. The perfect companion for any recording software, the Quantum 2 comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete recording solution. Launch Studio One, and you’ll find full preamp control integrated into your recording environment. Need to track away from your computer? Launch Studio One Remote on your iPad®.
Remote control with UC Surface, too!
The Quantum 2’s onboard features can also be controlled in PreSonus’ free UC Surface control software, so even if you use third-party recording software, you can remotely access them. Included a real-time analyzer to monitor your audio streams. UC Surface has rapidly won accolades for an intuitive mixing interface that provides quick access to everything you need.
Now includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you'll rely on for countless mixes.
• 22x24 Thunderbolt 2 ultra-low-latency audio interface (Thunderbolt 3 compatible)
• PreSonus’ fastest interface; record direct to DAW (no DSP)
• Stack up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt for a monster system
• Assignable output level control
• 6 8-segment LED meters (4 input, 2 output)
• Integrated Software
• Tight integration with included Studio One Artist DAW software (Mac/Windows) for multitrack music production and studio command features
• Wireless control over preamp levels from free UC Surface touch-control software (Mac/Windows/iPad/Android) and from free Studio One Remote for iPad
• Compatible with most recording software for Mac and Windows
• Studio Magic Plug-in Suite included
• Flexible Connectivity
• Simultaneous I/O up to 22 inputs/24 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
• 2 front-panel combo microphone/instrument inputs
• 2 rear-panel combo microphone/line-level inputs
• 4 XMAX remote-controllable, Class A mic preamps with individually switched 48V phantom power
• 4 balanced ¼” TRS line-level outputs
• Line outputs are DC coupled for sending control voltages for analog gear
• ADAT Optical/Dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
• Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
• 1 high-volume headphone output with dedicated volume controls
• Thunderbolt 2 high-speed bus (Thunderbolt 3 compatible)
• 24-bit resolution and up to 192 kHz sampling rate
• Top-quality 120 dB A/D/A converters
• BNC word clock input and output with low-jitter clocking
• MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN connectors
• Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
• 12 VDC external power supply (included)
• Ultra-low latency (<1 ms)
• Audiophile 24-bit digital converters with 120 dB dynamics
• Up to 192 kHz sampling rate
• Front Inputs: 2x XLR Combo (Mic / Line / Instr.), 2x XLR Combo (Mic / Line), 4 XMAX Class A Microphone Preamplifier (ON <-131 dB, THD + N <0.005%)
• Perfect integration into DAW "Studio One 3" (including gain control)
• DC-coupled line outputs allow driving (CV / Gate) of analog components (synths, filters, etc.) out of DAW
• Remote control and programmable via Mac, PC, iPad and Tablet (via "UC Surface")
• Included control software / app "UC-Surface": Setting and saving the preamplification (gain)
• Enable / Disable 48V phantom power
• Realtime Analyzer
• Next / Prev button plus Gain control
• 48 V push button (phantom power) with status lighting
• Dim / Mute and mono buttons with status lighting
• 8 LED chains (8-segment plus 48 V LED) for the analog inputs
• 2 LED chains (8-segment) for the main output (L / R)
• 8 Balanced DA outputs (each TRS-latch, 6.3 mm)
• Separate balanced main output (L / R, 2x TRS jack, 6.3 mm) with large, front-side volume control
• 2 front headphone outputs (stereo jack, 6.3 mm) with 2 separate volume controls
• 16x16 ADAT I / O (48 kHz) or 8x8 Dual SMUX I / O (96 kHz)
• S / PDIF I / O (coaxial)
• Word Clock I / O (BNC)
• MIDI I / O (5-pin DIN)
• Up to 4 Quantum 2 can be cascaded via ADAT
• Power supply: external power supply (12 VDC)
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 317 x 17.8 x 45 mm
• Weight: 2.3 kg
• Incl. control software / app "UC-Surface" (for download), DAW software "Studio One 3 Artist" (for download)
• Thunderbolt 1 or 2 port (motherboard of the computer must support Thunderbolt)
• Internet connection (to register and software download)
• Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768
• 30 GB of free hard disk space
• 7200 RPM or faster hard drive (strongly recommended)
• OS X 10.11.6 or later
• Windows 10 64 bit
• Intel Core i5 or faster, 4GB of RAM (8GB or more recommended)
• Mobile (UC Surface): iOS 9.3 or later
• Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later