ZooM F8N digital recorder
|Item number / Code:|
190281 / ZOOM-F8N
|Current availability:||1 pcs. updated on: 2019-04-25 19:40:17|
|Ask a Product Expert:||Marcin Zdziabek, tel. +44 8000705155,|
When developing the F8n, it was Zoom's mission to provide every sound professional with the tools to create something exceptional. With features such as Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters, Zoom AutoMix, and mic/line options for both XLR and TRS inputs, the F8n is the next generation of professional field recording.
Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
The F8n is equipped with Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters that provide overload protection no matter what comes your way. By adding a 1 millisecond delay, the limiters “look ahead” anticipating clipping before it’s recorded. Limiting is applied to each of the 8 channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10 to 20 dB of headroom to ensure pristine audio on every take.
The F8n features a super-low noise floor (−127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB). Mic/line levels are selectable for both XLR and TRS inputs.
Meet your new assistant sound editor, the Zoom AutoMix. This smart software automatically adjusts the levels of your mix to reduce the amount of ambient sound, so you can focus on what really matters – capturing a well-balanced mix.
State-Of-The-Art Time Code
The F8n utilizes a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy, enabling rock-solid syncing of audio and video. When powered off, the F8n will maintain up to 0.2 ppm accuracy. Time code I/O is provided on BNC connectors.
The F8n can record to an SD card and your computer via USB simultaneously. For use during livestreaming, file back-up and more. And you can easily back up your files and stream live while recording.
Louder, Cleaner, and Clearer Monitoring
Volume, clarity, and immersion are equally important for proper monitoring in the field. That’s why updates have been made to the F8n’s headphone processing to maximize all three. A digital gain boost has been added to minimize ambient bleed, which can cause comb filtering resulting in poor audio quality.
Signals can be freely routed to the left and/or right headphone channels, pre- or post-fader. Additionally, the headphone output can be switched to mono. You also can set headphone alert tones for low battery, recording start/stop, or recording errors.
• 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer
• 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
• Compact and lightweight aluminum chassis, weighing just
• 2 pounds (without batteries)
• High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
• Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options for both XLR and TRS
• Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
• Zoom AutoMix software
• Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility;
• 16-/24-bit resolution
• Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and up to 0.2 ppm when powered off) I/O on standard BNC connectors; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
• Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter (AA’s and DC battery pack not included)
• Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
• High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
• Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
• Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules; optional extender cable enables remote positioning
• Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus ⅛" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
• Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
• 2.4" full-color backlit LCD with monochromatic mode
• Dedicated PFL display with viewable trim settings
• Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
• Records in BWF-compliant WAV or MP3 file formats
• Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
• Built-in slate mic/slate tone with front panel switch
• Use as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
• Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
• Audio Interface: 10 x 4 Field Recorder
• A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
• Simultaneous Rec Tracks: 8 sources, plus stereo mix
• Simultaneous Play Tracks: 10 (8 plus stereo mix)
• Built-in Mic(s): Slate Mic
• Analog Inputs: 8 x XLR-1/4" combo, 10-pin Mic Connector (Zoom mic capsules)
• Analog Outputs: 2 x TA3 (main out), 1 x 1/8" TRS (sub out)
• Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
• Memory (removable): 2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Slots (up to 512GB each)
• File Format: WAV
• USB: 1 x Type Mini-B
• Clock I/O: In, Out
• Software: Zoom AutoMix, Cubase LE (download code), WaveLab LE (download code)
• Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included) / 8 x AA batteries / 4-pin Hirose 9-18V DC power supply (sold separately)
• Battery Life: Up to 8 hours @ 48kHz (Lithium), Up to 6 hours @ 48kHz (NiMH), Up to 3 hours @ 192kHz (Lithium)
• Stand Mountable: Tripod Mount,
• Height: 2.1"
• Width: 7.0"
• Depth: 5.5"
• Weight: 2.2 lbs.